View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anybody watch Barack's speech from Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I like the guy... I think it is way too early to get an idea for who will come out on top..

Im most impressed with his speeches as well. I think a ****** will show in his armor eventually, but so far, he looks great.

Republicans have been trying soooo hard. Here's what they've come up with so far:

His middle name is Hussein; they will often refer to him as Barack Hussein Obama. You know, because we refer to all of our politicians by their full names.

His dad that wasn't there for his childhood was apparently a Muslim.

He went to a "madrassa". Or, school. In Indonesia, if I recall. And there may have been Muslims that went there, too! OMG!

He's "black", but not "slave black". So, he can't act like he's been deprived of anything.

I got a big chuckle out of this article:

Quote:
Australia PM slams US candidate

Prime Minister Howard fears failure in Iraq could cause destabilisation
Australian PM John Howard has criticised US presidential hopeful Barack Obama for saying US troops should withdraw from Iraq next year.

[...]

Mr Howard said Mr Obama's stance on Iraq "will just encourage those who want to completely destabilise and destroy Iraq, and create chaos and a victory for the terrorists to hang on and hope for an Obama victory".

"If I were running al-Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008 and be praying as many times as possible for a victory not only for Obama but also for the Democrats."

Mr Howard said any withdrawal of US troops by March 2008 - the date Mr Obama believes should be set - would mean defeat for Washington.

[...]

Mr Obama, who has described the Iraq war as "tragic", said he was "flattered" by Mr Howard's statement.

He said: "I think it's flattering that one of George Bush's allies on the other side of the world started attacking me the day after I announced.

"I would also note that we have close to 140,000 troops on the ground now, and my understanding is Mr Howard has deployed 1,400, so if he is (ready) to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest that he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them to Iraq."

"Otherwise it's just a bunch of empty rhetoric," he added.

[...]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asi...ic/6352785.stm

Booya, sucka! Put up or shut up, chump!
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote