View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #10
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anybody watch Barack's speech from Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
yes you need a squeaky clean image to succeed, therefore he should quit smoking and other habits... at least overtly... at least for the duration of his Presidential campaign and possible tenure as the Commander in Chief.

the one thing that irks me... whether it's done by liberals or conservatives, is to defame a person for something they did in the past.

of course, if it's a crime, then you should look past it. but something trivial such as a bad habit, or even dating someone unsavory... as long as the politician is currently reformed and doing everythin gexpected of a civil servant, why bring out his/her past record? stop focusing on the past. focus on the future.

If your past consists of: heavy drug abuse, failed businesses, corruption and having everything handed to you by your daddy's friends.. I don't think we should look beyond your past. That's reason enough not to vote you in. Besides, what you do in the past is precedent for what you can do in the future.

If you smoked a joint, I don't care. If you killed a hooker, I care.
reppy is online now   Reply With Quote