View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #1520
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

About 2/3's of the way through. Fairly interesting bio but the pious tone of her writing is wearing on me.

My major gripe with the book was that she glossed over a ton of her actual life which makes for a somewhat odd autobiography. There are instances where she will be discussing a time in her life and she will just drop something like "and there was a man I was in love with for 2 years" at the end of a sentence. Some of that stuff is what I'd like to hear about and the book isn't all that long so she could have expanded it more and made it a more intimate text.

Day was very humble in the presentation of her life, well at leaast as humble as you can be while writing an autobiograhpy lol. She was extremely well connected and drop names like Trotsky and Kerensky as people she met just randomly in the course of a normal day.

Peter Maurin was the most interesting part of the book for me. I would love to read an enitre biography dedicated to him.

Now moving on to:
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote