Originally Posted by tamaraw08
This am, from his radio program, Colin Cowherd who also host ESPN's SportsNation is declaring that the current Bulls team will break many Chicago fans' hearts in the playoffs because they will lose.
He said while chuckling that no way this team can rely on Deng, Boozer and Noah as their 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players and that Rose, their top dog is only shooting 44%.
Interestingly tho, he also said a few days back that Boston is in serious trouble after hearing that Shaq will probably be not ready and healthy in the playoffs.
For me the Bulls biggest weakness is their lack of experience playing together in the playoffs.
Their strongest points are their defense esp on half court sets, their physicality which would help them control the boards, their depth interms of Thomas, Gibson and Asik
being ready to step in, and last but not the least, Rose's ability to get high % shots and get to the line.
Question marks would be
1. Thibs ability to adjust from game to game basis
2. CJ Watson's ability to step in and play with poise when Rose is resting.
3. Deng's, Bogans' ability to shoot consistently
4. Korver's ability to really defend
5. Noah's ankle.
I couldn't care less these days about what non-Bulls fans think of the Bulls. To be honest, I am even finding it difficult to care what other Bulls fans are feeling. Any of these guys that gets paid to talk about sports for a living is typically a loser that just shits out of his mouth. Don't care...
1) Seriously though...just how awesome is the Bulls big-man rotation? I luv it.
2) Qustioning Thibs? Honestly, I would choose Thibs over Phil Jackson already for my all-time Bulls team. I don't ever wish to see another coach on the sideline for the Bulls.
3) Yeah...CJ in the playoffs is a legitimate question mark and a weakness against top teams.
4) Korver? You know...they say that about every white American player. It seems to me that the guy is trying as hard as he possibly can. If I see him looking like he doesn't give a shit about anything but launching his next trey, then I will worry about how he is affecting the team.
Whatever happens from here on out this season has been an incredible success. The FO just needs to find a competent SG and keep this group together.