Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Re: Tristan Thompson declares for the draft

Ed Davis to Tristan Thompson comparison

Ed Davis
Freshman 18.8 Min 6.7ppg 6.6rpg 1.7 blk
Sophomore 27.9 Min 13.4ppg 9.6rpg 2.8blk

Tristan Thompson
Freshman 30.9 Min 13.1ppg 7.8rpg 2.4blk

Looking at the numbers, Thompson's Freshman stats are comparable to Davis' Sophomore stats. He may need another year to develop but his ceiling is alot higher than Davis' imo.

Although I really like Davis' game, one of the reasons I would favour Thompson instead is the personality and motivation difference. Throughout the year, I sometimes felt like Davis didn't enjoy being in Toronto by how he spoke to the media. He also doesn't seem to be very excited or motivated when he plays.

On the other hand, Thompson is a guy that is full of energy and would love to play in his home country. He seems genuinely motivated to get better, reminiscent of Demar Derozan.

These may seem like minor differences and not worth the risk it may take to make it happen, just would love to see it.

As a side note, Cory Joseph, another freshman Canadian, has entered the draft. He is a highly skilled PG, with not a ton of upside, but will likely become a solid contributor. I am Intrigued by his commitment to defence and his shooting ability but wish he went back to Texas for 1 more year of development.
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote