Old 05-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #13
Basketball Fan
Local High School Star

Basketball Fan has decent reputationBasketball Fan has decent reputation
Default Re: Charlie Bell stabbed by wife

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...statement.html

Quote:
Kenya Bell releases statement on alleged assault of Charlie Bell
Published: Tuesday, May 03, 2011, 8:15 PM Updated: Wednesday, May 04, 2011, 6:42 AM
By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal
Follow
Share7
Share close Google Buzz Digg Stumble Upon Fark
Email
Print GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, Michigan — Kenya Bell, former Miss Michigan USA and wife of basketball star Charlie Bell, released a statement today through her lawyers addressing domestic violence charges filed against her this week.

View full size(Genesee County Sheriff)Kenya Bell
Kenya Bell is accused of attacking the Golden State Warriors guard with a box cutter on Sunday in his Grand Blanc Township home, according to the Genesee County Prosecutor's Office.

She released the following statement through lawyers Jeremy Piper and Matthew Norwood:

"It is with regret that I have to issue a public statement regarding my marriage. For some time now my husband and I have been going through the process of getting a divorce. Like many couples, our relationship has deteriorated over time. Throughout this process I have always considered the interests of our children to be front and center. Unfortunately this private matter has spilled from one court to another, where I expect to be vindicated. For my family's sake I would ask that our privacy be respected. Thank-you, Kenya Bell"

Norwood said Kenya Bell is denying the incident occurred as portrayed in reports on the charges.

"She's looking forward to vindicating herself," he said. "It's sad. If anybody knows Mrs. Bell, they know that this isn't who she is...

"It's not the way it's been portrayed."

Kenya Bell was arraigned in Genesee District Court on Monday on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon and domestic violence, according to court records. She was released on $5,000 bond.

Charlie Bell, a Flint native and former Michigan State University basketball star, on Tuesday commented via Twitter: "I'm fine. I didn't get stabbed. LOL."

The Flint Southwestern Academy graduate, along with fellow "Flintstones" Mateen
Cleaves of Flint Northern and Morris Peterson of Flint Northwestern led the 2000 Spartans team that captured the school's first national basketball championship since 1979.

Kenya Bell, 35, was crowned Miss Michigan USA in 2001.

The couple was featured on the E! Network TV program Basketball Wives in 2010.

Kenya Bell said at the time that she and her husband worked hard to build “family respect and trust for each other.”
Basketball Fan is offline   Reply With Quote