View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #91
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Surprising Combine Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It gives you a false barometer, though, when comparing them to current NBA players, whose heights are based on measurements with shoes on. That is why I prefer to look at the shoes measurement. I mean, if you have the barefoot measurement of every player in the NBA, then fine. But, I had to seek out that barefoot measurement for Williams... He is listed at 6-foot-3, even though he was measured at 6'2.75 at the combine with shoes on.

Does that mean Irving will be listed at 6-foot-4?

Regardless, it is shocking to me that Irving and Deron Williams were the same height without shoes. I wasn't even sure that Irving would crack 6' without shoes. Any way you look at it, those measurables were unexpected.

I've been hearing a lot of people say they thought Irving was too small or, at least, on the smallish side for an NBA PG. And, like you, I've heard people say they figured he'd measure around 6'0" at the combine without shoes. I remember hearing that Irving was in the 6'2" or 6'3" range coming out of high school but didn't really believe it when I first saw him in a Duke game. Of course it's tough to really judge how tall a player is on TV.

Him being a legit 6'2" means he's got more than adequate size to play PG in the NBA. I still don't know if there are concerns with his toe injury or not. I saw where his body fat was over 10% which isn't exactly great, but it is a little understandable since he sat out almost the entire year.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote