View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #81
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Piston draft prospects

Yeah, that's been the rumor for a little bit now. I think the T-Wolves are a little crazy thinking Rubio is going to save their franchise. 3 years ago I would have said he was worth the gamble. He was just 17 and looked like he might have some game. Now, he's playing in the Spanish league averaging 6 points per game a just a few assists. He doesn't even start for his team.... I don't think he's going to be as great as some of these experts seem to think.

As for how this affects the Pistons.... I think Flynn could be a nice pickup. He's shown flashes of being a good ball player. I don't think Minnesota is the right fit for him, especially with the way Rambis uses PG's. Depending on who we hire as a coach will mean a lot to how he develops. For instance, if we somehow landed Adelman, he's been a pretty good PG coach over the years. Also, if we could use this to somehow move up in the draft it would be awesome. If we could end up with a young PG (Flynn), a young big man, and move Rip all at the same time I'd be much happier with our draft this year. Especially if we could somehow end up with Kanter or Valanciunas (mainly Kanter). This could end up in a 3-way trade with Cleveland. Even though they are trying to say they are just rumors and nothing more it has been mentioned that Cleveland could end up with picks 1 and 2 and Detroit ends up at 4. That's still enough to land us one of the European big men. I think a front line of Kanter and Monroe would scare teams for years to come.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote