View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Default Re: 2011 Drew League

Quote:
Perhaps though as you say say player over 2 years ; 2 years is hardly a period in which one can comment on the development of a players game. The same is true of most if not all players

Of course i'm just making an educated guess here based on the type of game he has... But in the words of the great Charles Barkley.. "I may be wrong... but I doubt it." He'll never be in a better situation than he was in last year and on a team with more talent he'd be borderline starter quality if at all. Especially at a stacked position like the 2/3 where you either have to be great offensively, great defensively, or both, but you can't be neither. And he's neither.

Quote:
His rebounds per game increased from 2.9 to 3.8. No Gwall type numbers but I personally think he has been a little soft in getting into the paint to pick up long rebounds. 3.8 is pretty average for a guy playing minutes at the 3. Assists per game increased from 1 (under 1 actually) to nearly 2 but then he is supposed to be slash scorer.
His RPG increasing 0.8 actually doesn't matter considering he plays 13 more minutes than last year. His RP48 actually decreased from 6.4/game to 5.3/game.

Quote:
His minutes per game average only actually increased from 20 + to 35 + so he didnt actually double his minutes.

Ok so it's not LITERALLY double, but it's still like 60-70% more minutes than he received last year. It is a big jump going from a guy getting 20 mins to getting minutes in the mid 30s. It's basically going from a role player to a main cog.

I
Quote:
have no concerns about his defence at all.

Then you obviously weren't paying much attention. He was getting absolutely torched off the dribble. And he wasn't getting up on shooters like he should. It's like he didn't know how to guard each specific guy and his effort was down right deplorable at times.

Quote:
His FG % actually declined a couple of points but this FT % improved about 10% over season 1 and this is critical.. He is getting to the line more than any other player on the Raptors i.e. getting the most calls to the line per minute played.

yes, that was one thing he improved, his ability to get to the line, i'll give him that. Although his TS% also went down (which also includes FT%) from 55.4% to 53%.

Quote:
So after 2 years I would argue he is not exactly the same player but he is remarkably unchanged. He appears to be more of what he was the first year and I am willing to bet he will be more of that again in the coming season.
I'm confused, so are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote