View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #45
ThaSwagg3r

Default Re: 06,09 Wade vs Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
What did he do in 09 that makes up for the large gap in scoring?
Kobe actually scored more in the 2008 and 2009 playoffs than he did in the 2006 playoffs. (30 ppg vs. 28 ppg) But honestly, I thought Kobe played better defense, made more plays for his teammates, and was more of a team player during those seasons than he did in 2006. I know that Kobe literally had to score 30-40+ ppg in order for his team to win in 2006. I still like team play, and I know I can't knock on Kobe for not being too much of a team player back in 2006 because he just couldn't do that if he wanted to win.

The playoffs to me is what separates 08 and 09 Kobe from 06 Kobe though. Regular season dominance doesn't hold that much weight to me. Otherwise, I would be saying LeBron James is the best player in the league and Rose is a top 5 player currently, which I believe are both false.

That is why I think 09 Kobe was better than 09 Wade. Wade was better than Kobe in the regular season but he wasn't better in the playoffs. Wade was just not that impressive in the 09 playoffs, he just wasn't. Sure he scored 29 ppg but he shot 44% which is completely below his standards. Wade typically shoots 49-50% in the field, 5-6% decrease is pretty drastic, that decrease is something Karl Malone would have.

I value the playoffs much more than I value the regular season.