View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #14
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA 2K12 cover art to feature Jordan, Bird, Magic

I'm not usually someone who cares about cover art, as it usually does not have much influence on the game itself. However, these past two years may prove to be the exceptions, which is why I'm so excited about each cover. For 2K11, the cover hinted at the return of Michael Jordan. It seems relatively clear or certain that the three legends in 2K12 hints at an even deeper dive into NBA's history and classic teams.

I am a huge fan of the current NBA, but I feel it has been shortsighted take for video games to ignore the vast history of the league for so many years. I think the classic teams revival opened a whole new window for 2K last year. I think it's possible to provide the best current-day simulation and showcase the wonderful history of the game at the same time. I think there's enough production time and room to fit it all. And I think it's awesome.

This is unconfirmed, but I saw this posted at another site:

"A pre-order bonus could be a hint at what that might entail. Preorders will receive codes for two classic teams for use in the game, the 1990-1991 Golden State Warriors of Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond, and the 2000-2001 Sacramento Kings of Chris Webber, Vlade Divac and Jason Williams."

Does anyone else think this is a sign of pure awesomeness to come?
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote