View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Is Aaron Brooks starting PG material? Can he eventuallly start for Suns?

He's absolutely a starter. Playing on a team without Steve Nash, arguably the hardest act to follow at the PG spot today, Brooks would almost certainly be getting All-Star mentions. Prior to injuries he was absolutely balling in Houston. He was a man possessed in that 2009 series against the Lakers (that sick inbounds alley oop at the end of the quarter still sticks out in my mind). It floored me when Houston traded him because I was convinced he was untouchable. Anything can happen, I guess.

If Portland and Denver didn't make their trades I definitely could see a guy like Brooks thriving as a starter in Portland with that Aussie kid Mills backing him up. His speed and ability to slip through the cracks of the defense would be a valuable asset anywhere but he'd have the room to grow with the Blazers now that Miller's gone and expectations for that franchise continue to be relatively low. Not a high pressure situation with a front office expecting instant results.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote