View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Magic Johnson is a Larry Bird fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
... now that they're long finished playing against each other

Here's a video clip of Magic Johnson discussing it:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8136

What's your take on competitive hatred, and eventually getting over it?

If you obsess over something you can't maintain the same emotion on it. Bird is the reason Magic built courts inside and outside his house to shoot on all day. One day Magic wakes up and he has a jumpshot and MVP's just rolling in. And then says wow, I love the game but I needed the hate thing too... look at where I'm at. Professionally Bird, a great contemporary, was Magic's motivation. Magic is the type of guy that appreciates all that helps form who he came out to be.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote