View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #62
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Fan Thread

Classic example of how someone's words can be taken out of context...

Quote:
That quote yesterday where Juan Castillo said his young linebackers "will be ready to win the Super Bowl" has gotten a lot of play, here and elsewhere. Problem is, I just listened to the tape again, and I'm not sure that's exactly what Castillo said, or at least, what he meant to say.

Here's the way the Eagles' transcript punctuates Castillo's remarks: “The linebackers will be ready to win the Super Bowl. Remember, it takes 16 weeks, and then really whoever is playing their best during the playoffs. So when you look at it there’s time to develop."

But on the tape, here is what I hear: "The linebackers will be ready. To win the Super Bowl, remember, it takes 16 weeks, and then, really, whoever is playing their best during the playoffs. So when you look at it, there's time to develop."
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote