View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #24
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Wilson Chandler playing in China for the WHOLE SEASON!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Wrong again. Denver can simply take his qualifying offer away. But he's still restricted.
Wrong. I dont think you understand.

If they retract("take away) their Qualifying Offer, he is free to join a new team. The Qualifying Offer is meant to maintain a player's rights. Taking it away, means Chandler becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. Like you pointed out he has until March 1st to accept the Qualifying Offer they made to maintain his rights, but if Denver "takes away" his qualifying offer, hes free to join whoever he wants.

I highly doubt they're going to do that. You take away a Qualifying Offer for an end of the bench bum like a Zabian Dowdell.

No such thing as sitting "idly" in the NBA unless you're stashing international draft picks who you've never signed to a NBA contract.

I say this only because Atlanta submitted a Qualifying Offer to Josh Childress for 3 consecutive summers. Although he had signed a 3 year deal in Europe, they kept submitting the qualifying offer to maintain his rights for when he came back. When he did, they signed & traded him to Phoenix for a 2012 2nd rounder. If they had not submitted a Qualifying Offer in, he would've been an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Last edited by Rowe : 08-29-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote