View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #59
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Default Re: Darrelle Revis vs. Nnamdi Asomugha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
He destroyed Reggie Wayne in the Wild Card round too.

Reggie Wayne's stats: 1 reception for 1 yard

Revis has been pretty phenomenal in all of his playoff game appearances. I remember Ochocinco doing nothing for the entirety of the game until he caught 2 balls with the game over and the Jets playing prevent. Then splitting time between Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates, getting thrown at no more than a few times and coming down with that critical pick. Then he shut Wayne down in the AFC Championship Game as well, although Peyton eventually picked apart the rest of the Jets secondary in the 2nd half.

That's something Nnamdi will have to prove in January. I don't doubt he can, but he hasn't gotten the opportunity. I've seen him do work against a lot of big names as well, holding Andre Johnson to 2 for 19 yards (this was his line for the game), handling Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, et al.

Fact of the matter is, the NFC has four of the top five receivers in the league at this point (Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Greg Jennings) and the possibility of facing the latter two in the post-season is quite great. Hell, it's even conceivable the Lions can get in this year and that the Cardinals can win the NFC West. He could potentially elevate himself to legendary status with that type of opportunity... or not.
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote