View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 AM   #38
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
you're claiming for a team which last year was top 3 in the world to not make past second stage. I would see your point if you said the team has equal chance as spain and turkey. But now you're being... Brave, I guess

To be fair, Lithuania played a bit over their heads last summer (of course they could have had an even better result if not for the refs rigging their game against the USA). And then this summer they have no Klieza, who seemed to have become their new leader last summer, and really I don't think adding back in Kaukenas and Saras was the smartest thing to do.

However, it is still Lithuania, with many very experienced Euroleague players and they are playing at home. So yeah, saying they have no chance to advance is nuts. Lithuania is capable of winning the whole tournament.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-07-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote