View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #37
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
To be honest, I've never heard of anyone defend Isiah so fervently. HE'S A JOKE. A HUGE ASTRONOMICAL JOKE. AND HE'S RUINED THE KNICKS. LOOK AT THE TEAM. LOOK AT THEIR RECORD. EVERY NBA ANALYST IN THE COUNTRY KNOWS THIS. THEY HAVE THE THIRD WORST ODDS OF WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT YEAR. WHAT ARE YOU DEFENDING?

Who is defending Isiah? I am defending the position of rooting for the team. That's what fans do. Only lunatics or teams with a shot at the #1 pick in a good draft, root for their teams to lose.

I see no purpose of rooting for the team to lose - other than to get rid of IT - which only becomes necessary if IT loses. Why not root for him to be able to coach this team to wins? I want him ot be able to coach the team well, then at least we have a coach who can lead the team.

But if he wins, its not real wins because.....why? The players are preternatural losers so they can only lose? I've played basketball and watched basketball, there is one universal truth, everybody wins and everybody loses. These 12 guys are no different.

That no move is even available to improve the team, and only a rash breakdown of the entire squad will lead to success? Does any rational person actually think that. I bet we could get a P.J. Brown for an expring contract like J.Rose. Look - the team just got better.

Why root against when you can root for?

I gave a perfect opportunity to articulate what can be accomplished if Isiah loses...and nothing. So lets hope he wins, maybe things will get better.

Founded in 1953 by former NBA point guard Louis "Red" Klotz, the Washington Generals won a game in 1971 gainst the Globetrotters, with Klotz scoring the winning basket.

Everybody wins and everybody loses.

Last edited by Joey Zaza : 06-30-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote