Thread: AI Transcript
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: AI Transcript

Reporter: "Supposed you shot 44 percent..."

Iverson: "I don't know about that. That is in God's hands. I do not know if that will help me or not. That's God. God does that, It ain't up to you to say if Allen Iverson does this then he'll do that. That's up to God. It ain't up to anyone in here. That is up to God. He handles that.

Reporter: "You have control over your body?"

Iverson: "God has more control over it than I do. You know that. God has more control over your body. I do not care about how much you eat, how many weights you lift or how good you eat, if God says you're gone, you're gone.

Reporter: "I think you have confused two issues"

Iverson: "I've confused two issues, OK I'm sorry."

Reporter: "Why are you hurt about this trade issue?"

Iverson: "I'm hurt because it is an issue. It has nothing to do with going to the finals or nothing like that. I'm hurt because I'm hurt. All of the rest of the soldiers that went to war with me on the court this year are enjoying their summer.

But look at me. Look at what I'm going through. I have to listen to Phil talk to me about this [expletive]. For what, it's summertime. I'm supposed to be with my family, chillin. But this is my life. This is what I have to go through.

I know that I don't do everything right. I do a lot of [expletive] that ain't right. I know I do. I am just like y'all though. I am just like you. I might be better or I might not be but I am human just like you. Once you figure that out, that will make you a better person.

People talk about what's going to make me a better ball player but once you figure out people are human just like you, then that will help you out. I'm trying to get better you need to also. I am no different. I cry like y'all, I bleed like y'all just like y'all. But I'm Allen Iverson and I am sitting back here and y'all are sitting back there. That's the only difference.

Reporter: "Some people are saying that you're name keeps coming up in the trade rumors because you're the only valuable commodity this teams has?"

Iverson: "Why would you get rid of the valued commodity? You called me the MVP, the world called me the MVP, why are you talking about getting rid of the MVP?

To make the team better, well if it's to make the team better, then I'm cool with it. I am going to win wherever I go. I do not care about where I go, I am going to win. You talk about making my teammates better...I am going to win no matter where I go.

It is like they named me the MVP, that's what I am. I have been in this league for six years now and I've felt that I have been the MVP for six years. It is not about Allen Iverson though. I am going to take all the punches though but it is not just about me.

All of you that have a heart know what it is all about. You just have to ask the right questions. That's your job. You have to do your job. That's my main right there but he can't take up for me all the time. He has to do his job. Even where he says something [expletive] about me, he still has to do his job.

But believe me, it is just not about Allen Iverson. I am going to go to war for Philadelphia. Every time that ball goes up, I will go to war and fight. I am going to do some [expletive] that's wrong and I will do some things right. I can't do everything right all the time. Michael Jordan is the great player in the world. He did not do everything right all of the time but he tried and gave it his effort. That's all you can ask for.

Reporter: "Why do you love Larry Brown?"

Iverson: "Him, as a man, I love Larry Brown. The coach, that's something totally different. But him, the man, that's what I care about.

Reporter: "Do you like him as a coach?"

Iverson: "Yeah, I like him as a coach. How many times do I have to tell y'all? He's the best. I told y'all, I've said this, I can't say this enough. I've never met another coach better than Brown. That don't have nothing to you with why I'm in here now."

Reporter: "What can you do different next year?"

Iverson: "I don't know. All I can do is live. That's all I can do. I am going to have to deal with this all summer. I don't have a problem with Larry Brown. That's my man but with this [expletive] here, we are not as tight as I though we were.

I do not talk to y'all about Larry Brown. The [expletive] that hurt me was when y'all asked him about me, there should have been no comment. If you going to get rid of Allen Iverson, then get rid of Allen Iverson.

Do not assassinate his character, just get rid of him. Simple as that. If Allen Iverson leaves Philadelphia, it is to make the team better. Why should I have a problem with that? The fans shouldn't have a problem with it. Why? Because you're doing it to make the team better. That's why you are making the move. But to assassinate his character, to say we're trading him because he does not show up to practice, he is late, etc...

Reporter: "Is it possible that Coach Brown is trying to motivate you?"

Iverson: "How are you going to motivate me? I just want to win man. I've been in the league six years, I have no title and a bunch of individual awards that don't mean nothing. Scoring titles, all-star games, that don't mean nothing. Yeah, I can tell my son that I was an all-star back in such-an-such but I never won a championship. That's all I care about. I have no selfish bone in my body. I've been first team all-NBA...all that means is that you are one of the five best players in the world. All I want to do is win.

Reporter: "Do you think this is finally over and do you think it will come up again?"

Iverson: "I hope that it is. But It ain't really about me. I am selfish to the fact that my daughter has to go through it. My daughter is 7-years-old. Ask yourself, if your daughter had to listen to people talk bad about that daddy or mother all the time, how would you feel, honestly? If you have kids, I know y'all understand. This is what my daughter goes through at school. She comes home and says her teacher said daddy don't leave. Daddy, the girl in my class says you're getting traded. All for a game, a [expletive] game.

A lot of y'all can't put your feet in my shoes because you can't handle it. But just try to stick your feet in my shoes. It does not have to be a [expletive] day, just try for a minute and try to deal with what I do in my life. My best friend is dead and we lost. And this is what I have to go through for the rest of the summer until the season is all over again. This is what I got to go through...this is my life in a nutshell. Now y'all come home and live your lovely life, live it up and live your life to the fullest.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote