View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #62
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can Shane Battier dunk?

I know this is a random bump, but I was at my little brother's basketball clinic this weekend hosted by Shane Battier and during Q & A one of the little ones asked if he could dunk (likely a poster on Insidehoops) and it instantly reminded me of this thread.

Rest assured, even after standing still for 20 minutes and wearing warmup pants and cross-trainers, Shane could still take one step and dunk (though it wasn't a hammer - it hit some iron). As others have said in this thread, sometimes it takes some frame of reference. I mean, he may seem average sized in the NBA but in truth, he's a slender, relatively long-armed 6'8''. He stated his first dunk came in 7th grade when he was 6'4''.

Finally, in the obvious statement of the century, Shane is a very affable guy. In terms of talking to athletes, I can usually take it or leave it. But he seems legitimately cool. Also, fun fact: I asked him a super random question about a game he had against an area team in high school, and he confirmed he did indeed once score 16 points, grab 25 rebounds, and draw 6 charges in the same game. Is that not the ultimate essence of Shane Battier?
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote