View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #24
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Post Your Gaming Headsets

I've been using the shitty ones that came with the system, but this thread has inspired me. After researching, I think I'm gonna go with some Turtlebeach X12s.

***update***

So I got these. Gamestop is offering $30 trade-in on some of the hot releases right now. Since I completed Uncharted 3 I decided to trade it in and got the X12's($60) for $30.

They may not be wireless, but they sound fantastic. I tried them on Battlefield 3 and you can hear sounds and chatter you never heard before. I felt like I was playing a new game. This definitely improves the gaming experience. Nice crisp sound and base.

I modified the hook up instructions a little that came in the manual so that I can use them for tv shows and movies. The big bonus is that with this set- up I can also use them for the ps3.....without chat though...but I don't chat on the ps3 so it's no big loss.

I tried them on Rage(ps3) and the guns sounded badass!

If any of you are on the fence about getting these...I recommend them. I didn't know what I was missing. Great investment. With a little looking around you can get these for under $50.

One more thing....the instructions say that if you have a new 360 with hdmi that you need an updater. You really don't. If your tv has red/white audio output then you can use this instead. This set up allows you to use the headphones for everything.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 12-02-2011 at 10:51 AM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote