Thread: Toney Douglas
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #34
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Toney Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Since Al is around 27 years old, who do we have on the team around that age that wouldn't be in the NBA, if it wasn't for us?

Keep in mind that there is only two players on our roster that WE drafted.

The fact that Al Thornton is not in the NBA, is just an indication of Al Thornton, no need to get bent on it.

BTW, are you really aware of the Clippers record when he was averaging 16ppg? 19-63.

Want no parts of that.

This really isn't about Jeffries though, as he doesn't hurt the team in the 10 minutes he plays.

Two defensive stops, whether taking charges or getting steals.

I'd take that every single day for the 8-9th man off my bench that plays 10-15 minutes a game.

It's called a specialty player, and all teams have one.

Doesn't matter what the record was. We have guys on our team that couldn't average 10 ppg if their life depended on it.

Jared Jeffries is NOT the 8th or 9th man off the bench.In fact, he started games for us last year....and you were fine with him then too. If you don't think having bums on your team don't hurts your team then we have a totally different idea of what winning basketball is. That, and you clearly didn't watch our Playoff series against the Celtics last year.

Harrelson, Lin, Jeffries, Bibby, Jordan and probably Novak wouldn't be in the league anymore if we didn't acquire them.

If you think that everyone who deserves to be in the NBA is and everyone else just isn't good enough...you're sadly mistaken. That's like saying every good rapper has a record deal and radio play. It's all about opportunity. Look at Sundiata Gaine that plays for the Nets. I grew up playing against him. He was a standout at Georgia but the team underachieved. He lingered in the D-League and got called up.Luckily, his 1st game he hit a game winner against LeBron n the Cavs. Otherwise,he wouldnt have gotten passed his 10 day contract. Crazy part is, there were guys better than him growing up who just didnt get their shot. I've played in tournaments where Joakim Noah rode the bench and only got in the game when it was a blowout.

Bottom line is, GM's are lazy;especially in this shortened offseason. Historically,the Knicks have been one of the biggest culprits. We sign names and not talent. We do the same with our coaching choices. The Knicks never get guys like Tom Thibadeau because theyre all about signing guys with names. If you can't see Mike Bibby us done, you dont deerve to be a GM. If you can't see guys like Jared Jeffries sucks, you dont deserve to be a GM. This isn't just about Al Thornton. It's about getting young,talented guys who have potential to get better. Not wasting money and roster spots on scrubs who are only good for drawing charges. Dont tell me a guy who avg less than 5 ppg and can't hit a free throw or guard anybody, yet gets quality minutes, doesnt hurt your team. It's simply not true. Furthermore, you said EVERY team has one of those guys. We have a whole team FULL of those guys. I repeat, we have FOUR players who can create their own shot. FOUR!!! and two are injured.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote