Thread: Toney Douglas
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: Toney Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Franchize how many kids do you want this team to have?

Some teams have the luxury to pull guys off the street and give them a shot and find diamonds in the rough. Usually those teams are non-playoff teams lottery teams. Perfect example GSW they pull dudes out of the arse like crazy. This team is pretty young on the bench and you have a handful of guys with some NBA experience.

I do not like what the GM's have done as far as the bench the past 2 years. Just a fact of life many people dont want to play for the Knicks.

This year was a year that I wanted the Knicks to sign Sebastian but at no time before did I think he fit in.

You think Al Thornton is young and talented. He had a good year with LA a while ago. Funny enough he reminds me of Travis Outlaw. This is my impression of Al He cant create his own shot or score efficiently and he has limited offensive ability. Cant play defense. Pretty low basketball IQ. I dont think the Knicks need that.

You may have another impression all together.

You clearly dont watch al thornton play.when was he ever called a bad defensive player? Anyway,i dont want to make this about al thornton.but for the record,travis outlaw is better than most of our bench guys too.he only got a bad rap becuz of that ridiculous contract the nets gave him.for if he was a knick,id be happy.gettin veterans is just a false way to pretend ur contending temporarily.its a stop gap. I want players our team can grow with like the Thunder did.Theres a youth movement in the NBA. We need to get with the times.A few veteran locker room guys is fine. Key word being few. Ppl bring up Dallas but theyve been playing together and they still can play at a hig level. Bibby and Jeffries have been bad for a while. We need guys who can play the game.young or old!

Last edited by franchize : 12-31-2011 at 05:05 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote