View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Evaluating the Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
At this point, I think I'd explore the Amare trade option for Dwight.However, I'd do it for a financial gain. If we can trade Amare and Chandler, we can get back Dwight and give ourselves some cap relief from that Chandler signing. Let's face it,even if he's the player we hope him to be, we're going to be hard pressed to put players around our core. Our supporting casts is getting worse and worse and thus their trade value is slipping rapidly.Therefore, we're going to be forced to sign FA's rather than acquire thru trade, which means bidding wars. Something we can't afford.
You reallly think the Magic is going to trade the best player and give us cap space. Never gonna happen. Amare doesnt have the value based on his play since the acquisition of Melo. If by chance the Magic would want Amare definitely a 3rd or 4th team would have to be involved. Chandler probably could be moved to GSW though. I can possibly see that happening.

This is the price paid for buying a core. As the record has shown acquiring FA's isnt the Knicks strong suit.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote