View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What happened to the Black Band in music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Branford Marsalis
Wynton Marsalis
Joshua Redman
Roy Hargrove
Nicholas Payton
Terence Blanchard

You want me to get going, I could name you 100 black guys with bands who play instruments.

Ha, no one wants to listen to that. Who wants to sit down and listen to contemp jazz other than working jazz musicians and old folks strollin through the bookstore when you can pop in some Lee Morgan, Miles, Horace, Coltrane, Donaldson, Adderley.... and on and on.

OP wants bands with instruments, prolly not. Unless you count MPC's and Turntables, which is definitely arguable.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote