View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Replacements for D'Antoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Honestly, I think Budenholzer is being groomed to take over the San Antonio job in a few years. Plus, I like Newman's college experience. College coaches use actual systems instead of slapping together a bunch of set plays and calling it an offensive gameplan. Systems can help with a player's decision making because they have to play certain situations within the rules of the sytem.
Nice Post. I agree. When you have a play and a set destination for where the ball should go at all times, guys have less need to improvise; especially when the system works. People often mistakes plays for a system. Plays are one sequence of events where you hope to get the ball in a certain position and achieve a particular shot. The Triangle Offense is a system. The Princeton Offense is a system. Motion Offense is a system. It's almost like your old HS math logic class (bad memories lol ) P if then Q. Theres something for each player to do wherever the ball is on the court.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote