Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #2135
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Post 836 in the 2011/12 thread.

Egwu, Shaw and Griffey who you mentioned in that post average a combined 8 ppg. They average a combined 7.5 rpg.

Keeping that in mind, Green, Nix and Payne average a combined 30/18.5. Green alone 15.3/10.4 and is an all-american.

So with all that in mind, if you add Leonard's 13.4/8 to the other three's measly output, somehow Illinois' front line becomes superior to MSU's. Even though for all of Leonard's talent, he still makes quite a few silly mistakes (passes and such).

Ya, you basically are saying Leonard single handidly makes them better when you look at how little the other guys produce relative to the three MSU guys.

I also think MSU's bigs are better defenders as well.

This isn't me saying MSU will win tomorrow on the road. It's me saying "WTF are you smoking?"

Well, I dunno what to tell you because it sounds like you've already decided that this is true no matter what happens in the game.

But I will say that you are too focused on stats. I know Green is a beast; I've always liked him, but Nix and Payne don't excite me as much as they do you.

If you look at our minutes, other than Griffey, none of the guys I mentioned even play more than 10 minutes. Your reply could be "That's because they suck!" But that's not true. I believe we will be seeing them more in that game.

We'll see what happens, should be a good game. I'll be watching that rebounding line.

(And it's on National TV so I can actually watch it.)

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote