View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #10219
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Tree of Life.

n/a / 10. Turned that shit off after 30 minutes. I have the fucking Discovery Channel at home. I don't think I've ever watched a more pretentious, meandering 30 minutes of film in my life. Undoubtedly some of you will act as if I'm some moron with a short attention span, but it just was not in any way engaging, interesting, anything. Shot of scenery + whispered 'deep' phrases. No thanks. The film forces its supposed subtlety down your throat. Ugh.

BTW the last film I said "f*ck this" to was Dr Doolittle when I was like 8.
the meandering scenes weren't the crux of its greatness, it was the childhood scenes with Pitt and the kids. there was a lot of pretentious bullshit in it, but the payoff is well worth it if you suck it up, buy in, and then enjoy the sections that aren't batshit off the wall insane.

i think it might have been a theater movie though. at least i saw it in the theater and the landscape/cosmos/evolution scenes were made all the better by the enormous screen.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote