View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #13
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

Default Re: What a difference exercise makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
It'll definitely take longer I think. I think the average weight for someone that tall as a male is probably like 170-180 probably. I'm 6'1" and should be at around 170-ish. When I get down between 200-210 I plan to do some lifting in-between some cardio to get a little bit a muscle so I hope to be between 190-200 and look pretty fit. come summer time.

To be honest though I would have no idea. I lost a lot of weight fast because I was at 238. I'm down to 223.6 right now, but a big portion of that is because I'm eating tons better now and now binging out on snack food. There were times i would eat a whole back of Oreos with milk in like 20 minutes. I've cut out all the sweets. I might have a snickers bar once a week or so, and in between meals I'll eat fresh fruit now and not chips or snacks.

The hardest part of all of this is when it comes night time. I'm a horrible eater after dinner. And eating right before you go to sleep is the worse thing you can do and I did a lot of it. I still feel this urges to eat at around 9-10 o'clock. But I've been able to control it with a few shelled walnuts and a glass of water.

I hear you there. I, too, eat too much at night. It's definitely a difficult habit to curb, but it makes a significant difference when you do.

My brother stands at 6'4.5" and, at around this time last year, he weighed 245 lbs. Today, he weighs around 175. He accomplished this primarily through a lot of jogging, and a significant change in his eating habits. I can't have my 25 year old brother in better shape than me.

My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds in the next 2.5 months or so. Can any of the more knowledgeable posters here tell me if that's a realistic goal or not? I've already cut back on the vast majority of my negative eating habits, and I'm willing to include any sort of cardiovascular exercise into my regimen.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote