View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #16
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: What a difference exercise makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I started running 21 days ago. Out of those 21 days I've ran 14 days and was sick or resting on 7 of those. In 21 days I've lost 14.4 pounds.

It'll be interesting to see what happens the next few days because before Thursday I was running maybe 30 minutes and burning about 300 calories.

On Thursday I ran 2 hours straight with rest walking in between and burned approx 131 carbs, 825 calories in 7.25 miles. Today I ran for 2h20 minutes, burned 151 carbs, 1013 calories in 8.75 miles.

Between yesterday and today I lost 1.2 pounds. But so far everything has been awesome. When I get down to around 200 I'll probably start mixing in some strength training.

That's awesome.

Back in 2008 I was doing the treadmill hardcore. At least 3 miles a day and doing about 3 miles in less than 40 minutes. Which I know isn't a whole lot to those people who run a crazy amount but for someone like me who could do at best a 15 minute mile in high school it was impressive. I got down to 240 (I was probably at 270 if not more at the beginning of the year) and that's when I was actually weighed. I think by the end of the summer I was 230 which is probably the lowest I've weighed since my sophomore year of high school. Anyways, our treadmill was about 8 years old at that point and broke. We fixed it and it had problems until the end of '09 when we finally got a new one. I've been doing it once in a while since then but the way I've been feeling the past 3 days I'm keeping it up again.

I'm probably back up to about 270. But I've given up drinking regular pepsi on a regular basis and have lost some weight the past few weeks. I'm fitting into jeans that didn't fit at all around the holidays. So I decided to start doing the treadmill now and keep it up. A reasonable goal for me is I want to get down to 230 again by June. My main goal is to get down to about 190-200.

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 02-04-2012 at 12:44 AM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote