View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ever get with a girl you work with?

exactly. and i feel a million times better as a result. but for that week and a half, between finding out that she was actively dating somebody not named me and having the conversation that solidified my worst fears, i literally drove myself up the wall. every second i was awake, i wanted to think of her. never went through any sorta obsession like that before in my life, i actually had to build a psychological barrier with a few chosen topics where every time she popped into my head, i'd mentally hop tracks over to something else lol

funniest part about it was the way finally spilling all the beans actually came along; we were walking away from work about to go our separate ways, she asked me why i had been so quiet that night at work, i said (very obviously) "you probably aren't the right one to talk to about it"... and she immediately understood. but then her next words were "btw, i wanted to apologize to you for last sunday night, i should have told you". and in my retarded head, trying to use ANYTHING to convince me she was into me, the first thought was "shit, she's apologizing not for accidentally leading me on but because SHES LOVED ME THE WHOLE TIME FINALLY EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT!"

the one thing i learned was that the mind can interpret anything in a way preferable to the loins, truths get stretched, bias selects evidence, and the rest of the situation gets buried so deep you forget the mountains of contradictory facts that should have brought you to the right conclusion in the first place

anyway, i'm still a little heartsick, but nothing a new love interest won't let me overcome... hopefully that comes along soon, i've never been much for just 'picking up'.

but enough about me... you didn't answer so i'll reiterate... you don't think you could plow on through the awkwardness, talk to her up front about it, just normalize shit through sheer power of will.... on the chance it goes bad? with full knowledge of the potential for uber happiness if everything works out like a romcom?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote