View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:51 AM   #27
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation
Default Re: Facts that say Dirk is MVP

Quote:
I hear alot of misinformed Phoenix and even some Dallas fans going around various forums saying that wednesdays double O.T victory for Nash made him "clearly in front of Dirk for MVP". Well this is BS.

Not Bull****, most still consider Nash a candidate for MVP, even the most hardcore Dallas fans, you're just an idiot who is too in love with Nowitzki to see that.

Quote:
If you want to nickel and dime here, then Dirk comes out on top simply because he led his team to go 2-1 vs the suns this year.

its 2-2 so technically Dirk doesn't get any extra credit for that.

Quote:
The Mavs missed a free throw and nash scored a game tieing 3 pointer to extend the game to overtime, if Dirks players had just done thier job, then this matter of the Suns winning wouldnt exist.

Wrong, Nowitzki missed the free throw.

Quote:
Amare went 16-19 scoring 41 pts and bringing down 10 boards; in my opinion if anything that performance should be recognize.

It is recognized by a lot of people, but it's simply that Nash is more Valuble to his team.

Quote:
Dirk has lead his team to more wins and have played in more games than Nash making him more productive to his team.

When Nash is out, Suns play terrible basketball.

Quote:
Want a consistency stat? Dirk could be the only one beside Larry Bird to finish the regular season shooting over 50% from the field(currently is shooting 49%), shooting over 90% from the free throw line(currently is shooting 90% on the dot) and a 3 point % over 40%(currently shooting 41%)

An obvious reason your a Dirk lover, and nothing else.. Look up Kevin Martin's FG%, 3PT% and FT% and tell me what they are.

Quote:
The mavs originally had 1 All-Star(Dirk) until Josh Howard filled in as an alternate, and the suns had a legit 2 All-Stars with Nash and Marion.

Dallas is alot deeper then Phoenix, your bench player make up a star player for Phoenix.

Quote:
Amare alone can arguably be the best on the suns, thats how good he is.

Skill-wise, yes definatley.. but he still isn't as valuable as Nash is

Quote:
The suns also have the soon-to-be 6th man of the year in Leandro Barbosa whos netting a little over 17 pts per game.

Him and Kurt Thomas are really the only ones Phoenix uses off the bench.
Quote:
The suns also have many role players such as Diaw and Raja. So that said, how can Nash seriously be the heart, soul, and the main reason the suns are having the great season their having? He cant. Dirk is just leading his team to a better record and a most likely home-court advantage throughout the playoffs with alot less talent around him than Nash possesses.

What about Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Dampier, Devin Harris? They of course don't count right. They're all role players to the Mavs.

This arguement doesn't count because they both have the same amount of talent on the team.

Quote:
But according to the proof(stats)

Stats aren't everything.

Quote:
Dirk should most likely hold his ground in being #1 in the voting if the the MVP isnt fixed like David Stern rigging the NBA finals last year or if the fans of the NBA prove their not as dumb as I think they are like they proved it when the majority of voters didnt have Dirk on their ballot as a starter for the All-Star game,

Nash didn't get voted in either?

Quote:
they would rather see a has-been like Tim Duncan start over a 7 foot jump shooter who distributes the ball and who has all the amazing stats i listed above, this year.

A 7 foot jump shooter? Something just isn't right there.

Quote:
Some may say Dirk fails to hit the shot when it counts most, that is only true this past loss vs the suns when Dirk missed a few key shots.

He missed a shot in the most important game in the season, sounds like a choker to me.

Quote:
Dirk has led his team to more victories and less losses than Nash has led his team, Dirk got the job done as of this point to maintain a steady lead over the Suns for top spot in the Western Conferance. Steve Nash has not gotten the job done to lead his team in more wins and less losses like Dirk has with his. As of right now, Dirk Nowitzki IS the Most Valuable Player in the NBA. Not to mention Nash doesnt have to face division rivals like San Antonio and Houston like the mavs do, the Suns get to feed off of the L.A Fakers(losing streak of 7 at the moment), and the just plain awful Goldenstate, L.A clippers, and Sacremento. To have the record the mavs do considering the rockets and spurs are in thier division, it would only make sense to crown the mavs best player with the MVP as of today.

This is all pure BS, all you've stated is everything you've said before

1. Nash is more valuable because his team has no direction without Nash.
2. It's not Phoenix's fault where they are on the American map.
3. This is quite possible the most pathetic Dirk for MVP i've read.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote