View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #68
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

{copied this from another thread...... http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthr...=236610&page=6
and it's post #78 on there}

I don't know the myths on ish about Wilt dunking free throws.... but here is some fact.

Interview with of Tex Winter, Kansas State basketball coach back in the 50s, talking about being chair of the Coaches Rules committee, and going to see Chamberlain as a freshman at KU.

You may or may not know, but K State - KU is a terrific rivalry.......... so for Tex to come up with some rules that would stop the arch-rival is, well, typical college operations.

The whole interview is awesome, the Chamberlain talk starts about 3:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyz-FhP2ONk

Kind of like a Bill of Attainder lol "legislating" against Chamberlain.

Of course, no video footage, so it never happened right

The first guy I ever saw leap to the hoop from the free throw line was Mr. Jerry West. He didn't dunk the ball, he rolled it in over the rim. In those days a lot of guys never dunked at all. The idea was, it was considered insulting and would make the other team play harder against you. Lot of times I saw Logo's hand at the top of the block though... that man could sky plus, his arms were looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg

like Mr. Fantastic lol

But yeah Tex saw Chamberlain dunking free throws....

This thread though, is just like the clips of Chamberlain's vertical.
Even when these guys see proof with their own eyes they don't believe it, so what can you do? If you bring a horse to water and he won't drink, well everybody knows you just got a dumb horse. Glue factory?
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote