View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Suggestions for the Dunk contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallehalle
Ok, after writing these suggestions, i want a job at organizing NBA dunk contest events:

1) NBA should put a list of dunkers who are willing to participate in the dunk contest (for exmple, 10-12 dunkers are willing to participate in the dunk contest event) and then let fans vote and decide who should enter
2) NBA should bring back the old day system - 6 dunkers
3) First round should be like in 2000 - each contestant has to make 3 dunks and 2 best dunks count (each player has 2min to complete a dunk, and then 2 more tries, because we will be able to see each player give their best), then 3 dunkers advance and have to make 2 dunks
4) No more fans voting (only voting 6 dunkers they want to see participate)
5) Bring the judges back and they should be able to see the replay, so there will be no more robberies (2007 dunk contest, when judges didn't understand Howards sticker dunk)
6) No more Kenny Smith commenting the dunk contest on the court (let players have their own), instead bring Kenny back to TNT with Chuck and others.
7) Attract more sponsors, 1st place takes it all - 1million $.

You will see a MAJOR improvement!
Right on. The million dollar purse seems like a reach in terms of what is and what is not very doable. However, everything else could easily be put in place. I'd never thought of having fans vote for players out of a pool of willing participants. I think that's a great idea that'd appease NBA public relations gurus who can't help but force their will upon us. I'm wondering if there'd even be a dozen willing participants though. Either way, there should never be four contestants when there's at least two guys on the outside looking in (McGee/Evans). If you can go six, you should go six.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote