View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #147
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taucesays
22' feet isn't very far for the long jump. UCLA has a wide receiver who can break 24'

I can't find any reliable sources about his long jumps but many places claim he could triple jump over 50'. Mike Connelly Sr. owns the world record for triple jump at 58' 3.25". He was able to 2 handed slam from 5' 7" behind the free throw line with a full court running start. I'm not saying Wilt wasn't a beast, I'm sure he could do something similarly impressive. But lets not go and believe everything.

I don't care what other sources claim. I have KU and Philadelphia city-league info that comes straight from that time period. Not sources from the 2000's that have been skewed by 50 years time. It's like the telephone game, the information passes enough times through peoples mouths and by the end of the line it's not the same as it used to be.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote