Originally Posted by Carbine
Arizona isn't a good fit though. They are YOUNG. Too young. None of their players have playoff experience except for a couple of them.
Yes, they have Fitzgerald, but who else? Who is their tight end? Who is their second and slot receivers? Who is protecting Manning on the edges?
Not a good fit. At all.
- They have plenty of players with playoff experience.
- Their tight end is Todd Heap former Baltimore Raven. Jeff King is the backup. Rob Housler is 3rd string, is a good catcher and is more of a receiving tight end with good potential.
- Their second receiver would probably be Wayne who Manning would want to bring with him. Their slot would be Early Doucet who does have some playoff experience.
- Who would protect Manning is up for grabs at this point, I expect the Cardinals to make O-line their biggest priority in the draft.
Why the Cardinals are perfect for Manning:
- Got 9 guaranteed dome-stadium games a year(11 next year)
- Arguably the best WR in the whole league to throw to
- A coaching staff who has experience in working with veteran QBs(Kurt Warner super bowl run)
- Familiar faces(Manning is friends with Larry Fitz and plays golf with coach Ken Wisenhunt
- 2 Beastly Young Runningbacks With Loads Of Potential(Beanie Wells has already shown he's a monster when healthy)
- An up-and-coming defense that has gotten REALLY good over the course of last year(In the second half of the season they were arguably a top 5 defense... and had the best 3rd down defense in the whole league for the whole year)
- A weak, wide-open division that should be up for grabs
- Great weather, and Eli Manning has a house in AZ
You'd be crazy to think AZ isn't a good fit for Manning.