View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #2248
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Comparing a head basketball coach to the president is more egregious than a manager of a firm if you ask me. Besides, no matter what job you work, you will have external factors beyond your control, so you're analogy is just terrible overall.

I know you're a Weber enthusiast, and I can understand that. I hope he succeeds. But sometimes you need to fail to learn your lesson. Everyone does. No one is just a constant hit of success.

Exactly. Although you are speaking about Weber as if he is some new coach that needs experience.

I am not a "Weber Enthusiast"; I am trying to be the voice of reason. It could be any coach that we had in this situation.

It's a "new era", new AD, both coaches fired... as they say, it's much easier to fire the current coach than it is to make a good hire.

I don't think my analogy is terrible unless you deliberately try to misunderstand it so you can poke holes in it.

If you look at Weber's coaching the Illini as a ten year block, you'd see what I mean. We were really good, then we fell off, and now as we are starting to get back to the correct level of talent, people want to get rid of him. But it's whatever...

I wish Bruce and the Illini well. Frankly, I associate myself more with the Ron/Bruce Illini than I do with this new shit. We'll see if it turns out well.

PS: I also agree with Howard being a coach. It's worth a shot. We've got some great people on the staff.

Double edit: lol, we were trash of course we didn't make the NIT. I think everyone knew that before or they wouldn't have fired Bruce so fast.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote