Thread: I'm convinced
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm convinced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
No one is rooting against the team per se. But Knick fans know since Melo coming here the team hasnt been successful. Knick fans love effort, hustle, defense especially if you dont shoot well. We are actually the easiest fans to please if you do those things! If you dont, well of course the fans will boo. Amare didnt come here as a savior he was the consolation prize to a failed summer. In fans eyes the Knicks traded the whole team for Melo to come in as the "SAVIOR". If Melo performs well in total he could have the city in the palm of his hands like Lin does.

Take away the 9-3 record I think with Linsanity and what would the record be?

This report whether its valid or not is the worse publicity that will hurt Melo and put D'Antoni in a more positive light. The Knicks fans will say trade Melo then fire D'Antoni.

This is the bullshit that pisses me off Rameek. "The Knicks havent been successful since Melo got here." We werent successful before that either! We haven't been good since the 90's. Knick fans need to wake up. We're lucky guys still want to play in this POS media. I really don't get why they do anymore. It's not worth it. Cost of living is sky high and the media sucks.

As for the record "without Linsanity"...who cares. Who's to say we couldnt have won those games with Melo in the lineup. C'mon man. I know you know basketball better than that. Put things in perspective. We went 8-3 against mostly sub .500 teams. That's something to hang your hat on now? That's something to trade away your best player over? Because we beat teams like Toronto? C'mon man. This is absolutely ridiculous. Die Hard Knicks fans are always drowned out by Knicks fans that a fickle, ignorant bandwagoners who think dynasties are built overnight. If we trade Melo and move forward with D'Antoni...I won't be watching. I know some of you are like "who cares" or even applauding. It is what it is. I've been watching basketball since the day I was born.

Two things have been consistent. The Knicks have not won a championship.
The Knicks have effectively deported EVERY star they've acquired and gotten worse the year after.

We are NOT easy fans to please. We just shut up when we win and wait until we lose to become irrational assholes
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote