View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Projecting Olympic Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
No way Sergio Rodriguez makes the team, even with Rubio injured. I guess Sada will make the team, with Llull playing some PG too. Raśl Lopez has a much bigger change of being there than Rodriguez.
Also, if San Emeterio doesn't play better he's gonna lose his spot to Sergi Vidal.
And there's no way Claver makes the team...

Spain is all about NBA players now. In case you have not noticed, they turned just like USA. How good you are is based on your correlation to the NBA, according to Spanish basketball now. So since Rodriguez played 4 years in the NBA and had a solid year with Real Madrid, he will definitely have a great shot at being on their team.

Whether he is any good or not, besides the point. I would take someone like Rafa Martinez over him, but he has never had any "NBA interest", so he does not rate under the "new Spanish basketball philosophy".

Maybe Spain will get lucky and Lopez makes it instead, since he "played in the NBA". But honestly though, Lopez is pretty damn old looking out there now. He is still better than Rodriguez though.

Last edited by Euroleague : 03-20-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Euroleague is online now   Reply With Quote