View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #2267
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
If you want to go back 20-25 years, explain to me why you're better than the following. This is just off the top off my head. Your claim to fame is ONE finals appearance and one final four in the past 23 years:

Kentucky
Syracuse
Kansas
Duke
UCLA
Florida
North Carolina
Michigan State
Michigan
Butler
Connecticut
Purdue
Villanova
Indiana
Maryland
Arizona
Arkansas
Ohio State

Honorable mention Cincinnati, UNLV, VCU, Louisville, Georgetown, probably more.

Show me the tiers where you're above 3rd.

You arbitrarily picked 23 years as a marker, though 23 years ago we did make a Final Four (1989), which would make 2 Final Fours. Why not just arbitrarily pick 28 years and then we'll have made 3 Final Fours?

The way you structure your argument is based on arbitrary years that work for it. Nice confirmation bias in action there.

We aren't as great as some Illinois fans think we are, but certainly people like you out to set to make it seem like we're nothing at all is just retarded.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote