View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #29
Kiarip
High School Starter

Default Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Ha, alright, that makes more sense (going to 21 by 2's and 3's).

However, not to carry this out, but what changes between a game to 11 by 1's and 2's and a game to 21 by 2's and 3's that seems to make players more likely to stand around and jack three pointers in the former but not in the latter? The difference in overall value of a 2 in a game to 11 (18% of total score) and a 3 in a game to 21 (14%) is negligible.

I understand sometimes things on basketball courts are what they are, with no apparent explanation. I was just wondering if there was more to it than that in this case.

It's because a 3 is worth twice as much as a 2 when you play with 1's and 2's, and since there's no quality team defense going on in pick up games, 3s are too easy to get open for.

Also in half-court games 3s are way easier than 2s in relation to how easy it is to score in a full-court game, because there's no transition, and you can have shooters waiting on the line straight from the defensive rebound.

When I play half-court I always play all 1s to be honest. full court 2s and 3s is ok, 1s and 2s is pushing it because occasionally there are players who are really damn good from long range, and the game simply becomes screen-fest for the shooter.
Kiarip is offline   Reply With Quote