View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Mo Williams is ready to be "the man"

-----------------

Homer: Mo, when the Bucks made the trade, do they call you up and say you’re the guy?

Mo: No not a call right away...…you kind of understand that (your the guy)….I’ve talked briefly with Larry yesterday….told me “you’re the man” told me things he wants me to work on next year…..Their actions showed they believed in me….I’m excited….

Homer: "Did you have ANY idea?

Mo: No...no....(trade) definitely surprised me.....I was in rumors...my name came up in a lot of that. ......I was just waiting for something to happen.....we knew Magloire was rumored to go everywhere.....it was who was going to be with him...could have been anybody going out with Magloire......assumed it could be "ME" with Jamaal more than anybody....

We have a lot of PG's....needed to trade someone to fill that void to spread the defense.....

Mo: a player performs better when you feel like people are behind them.....but realize I could have been the one traded......

Homer: Desmond traded...snake in the grass.....

Mo: I'd never say something like that (like Desmond).....it's a business.....T-Mac got traded, didn't he? Anybody can get traded. You can't say as a player "there's no way this will happen...."

Wouldn't mind spend the rest of my career here in Milwaukee, but realize someday I could be traded....I wouldn't be mad at the organization or something like that.....

Me and TJ are the same age...have the same goals.....last year both of us wanted to be "That guy" running the team....very difficult for the coaching staff.....also had to fit in Charlie Bell......I knew something HAD to happen (logjam at PG).

I kinda almost cried when it happened because I never heard TJ's name.....it's a humbling experience.....makes you feel like everything you do...you do it the right way...you play hard...you respect everybody.....good things will come to you....I went through the storm....this opportunity is great for me....I won't let Milwaukee down....

Homer: What did Larry want you to work on?

Mo: To become more of a vocal leader.....hard to do that "off the bench" I have to be on the floor.....guy on the court won't listen to a guy off the bench.....I wasn't a two guard...but I adapted to that role....if you want me to score, I'll score.....next year I have to have total PG mentality....lf I average 8ppg next year and we go to the finals, I've done my job.

Homer: Larry talked about lack of leadership on team last year....(edit-not sure I heard this comment right)

Mo: Larry was correct. I'm following the right path.....stars aren't leaders....leaders can be someone averaging 3ppg....Eric Snow is a leader.....but He's a LEADER.

We don't need me to average 20 next year....we can average what I averaged this year and get more wins.....

Homer: Leadership hard to define...what will people see differently.

Mo: "Example: Go hard everyday....can't tell people stuff like that if YOU aren't going hard every day.....you aren't given a leadership role.....

Homer: what about CV?

Mo: He scored what...50 on us....That game he showed me everything he had...that's a lot from a rookie...I'm excited....he's still young.....20 years old???

Homer: what about Bogut?:

Mo: Bogut can take a leadership role.....doesn't matter your age....Bogut knows the game....he has leadership qualities...he can become a leader.....

Homer: new team colors...?

Mo: I love the change......

Last edited by insidehoops : 01-24-2007 at 01:50 PM.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote