View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
Salazaar
In Hansen we trust!

Salazaar has not been impressing people
Default Re: Judge my shooting form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204

All that said, your references to Dirk make it apparent to me that is who you're trying to emulate. Is this true? If so, I believe it's worth noting there are a number of reasons Dirk is able to make his unique jumper work, a lot of it having to do with the fact that he's 7'0'' and falls away on his jumpers with great frequency.

No, I'm not trying to emulate his shot, I just brought him up because my shot reminds me very much of his shooting technique. But you made a good point, it's probably not right to look at such an unusual shooting form to make general rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyap9675
your shot reminds of michael redd's a bit from that angle. Seems like you are "cocking" your shot all the way to back of your head, but maybe a clearer video will allow us to judge it a bit more.

Agreed with rake, when catching the ball you should just "rise up" and not "go down and then rise up" just helps a quicker release against defenders. I like how you are bending and using your legs on your shot though.

You have more of a closed stance of shooting. Stance has to do with your footwork when you shoot the ball, and having the right footwork as your base will help you align your shooting shoulder to the basket. Search up on google if you wanna change to have a more open stance, it certainly helped me in my shooting mechanics.

Indeed, my shot looks very similar to his. I searched up on google but I didn't get it all... Open stance is when (if you're right handed) your right foot is slightly in front of your left foot? Or is it just the opposite way? Also, some sites say I should square up, some say that I shouldn't so I'm a bit confused...

When the weather gets better here I'll make another video and post it up so you can see if I made the right adjustments :)

Last edited by Salazaar : 04-01-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Salazaar is offline   Reply With Quote