View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #85
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: OT:Insulting Black People=Blasphemy;Insulting Arabs=OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I'm not sure if anyone's followed this Don Imus garbage recently. Basically he referred to the Rutger's womens basketball team (predominantly black) as "nappy headed hos" and made some other disparaging remarks.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc are calling for his firing because of his racist remarks.

I just find it somewhat amusing that calling a black person a "nappy headed ho" can evoke such outrage from the community yet people conveniently forget about his other racist remarks against Palestinians and Arabs.

In the past he's referred to Arabs as "ragheads" and "goat humping weasels".

In reference to Palestinians he/and his cohost called them "animals" and advocated dropping a bomb on the region to exterminate all Palestinians.

Somehow, wishing for genocide is completely fine and making an ignorant racial remark against blacks is causing a huge uproar.

I like how society can take his fairly vitriolic remarks against Arabs/Palestinians in jest yet his dumb remarks against blacks is causing a pretty big stir.

I hate this hypocrisy.
so because black people took him to task over his comments about black women some how its black people fault that they didnt stand up for other people that may have been villafied?
its the job of people to stand up for one another in a rainbow world...
i would imagine it should be the muslim community that should make an uproar if he said something against them or for that matter any other people who was insulted should have complained...

its a shame most times how black people do something it turns against them. now this thread is to discuss how some black people are a problem. the focus should be on how this guy is wrong for insulting people

this man has insulted everyone and i was a fan of his show years ago until i heard how he spoke about people although it was in a slightly comedic fashion i believe he and his crew sincerely feel that way!

Last edited by Rameek : 04-11-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote