View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #37
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Don Imus got canned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
This is the thing....the lyrical content over rap songs has been protested, argued for years! It seems people think thats not the case when it is. From rappers, to politicians, to civil rights leaders, to black record label execs, to hip hop journalist, to activists in general (womans right, gay rights etc etc). This issue has been discussed, protested you name it. CD's have been broken in half outside of record stores. Rallys, picket signs saying dont buy this sexist albums, dont buy this violent records have gone on. This is a fact. There are articles, there are video footage of this. C Delores Tucker and i continually use her because she was the biggest fighter for woman being degraded on rap lyrics...she targetted 2pac, Snoop, Too Short to name a FEW. She stomped on thier CD's, broke them in half with numerous supporters around here.

So you keep saying a more important fight is being overlooked. Its not. Its ongoing!

I'm not even opposed to these rap lyrics, I just think way too much focus was put on the whole event. It's just like the stupid Anna Nicole coverage, blown way out of proportion.

And by more important fight I did not mean rap lyrics. All of the national attention, practically every channel, was on Imus when a charity drive for impoverished children or something else could have been established and broadcast nationwide. American media coverage is such a joke sometimes.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote