Thread: MLB Thread 2012
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #782
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
It's really no coincidence that Longoria's contract with TB basically ends the same time A-Rod will probably be done. I will want to be killing somebody the day Longoria signs with the Yankees.
I wouldn't worry about it. The Rays seem to be good at locking up their players through their entire prime. How old is Longoria going to be when he's a free agent? 28 or 29? I wouldn't want to give him a huge 7 year deal at that point even if I had the money. The Rays are getting the best years out of their major players and letting them go afterwards. Draft well, sign them through their late 20's, let them walk and restart the cycle. Big emphasis on the "draft well" part now that the Rays won't be getting top 5 picks.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote