View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #41
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Default Re: 2012/2013 and beyond: how can the Knicks improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Speaking objectively, if i was a Free Agent, I'd rather be on the Knicks than play in Dallas or the Nets if I'm signing a long term contract.

The Nets have a young roster with good bench players but huge holes in the starting lineup. Furthermore, unless they got a top 3 pick, they won't have a draft pick this year. So basically, they're the Knicks before they got Melo and Chandler. One star (Deron) and cap room. They don't have players of Gallo and Chandler's caliber except Brook Lopez, but he's coming off injuries.

I agree in that the Knicks would have the better pieces as far as playing with Melo, Chandler, Shumpert, & some more additions.

But I can see the Brooklyn Nets "vision" with what they're hoping to do.

I guess it all will fall down on whether or not they can acquire Dwight Howard this summer to entice Deron to stay longterm.

Quote:
With Dallas, they have Dirk who is a prolific scorer n on of the best players in the league. But he is also 33 years old, already has his ring, and if you have problems with Melo's inconsistent D... He makes Melo look like Darrell Walker.

Either way, I didnt say it's likely. I just said it isn't as farfetched as people are making it out to be. It actually wouldnt be that bad of an idea,especially for Brooklyn/NJ as a last resort. And we all know teams nowadays like to hold out until the last midnight hour to try and get the very best deal possible.

Old school.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote