Originally Posted by Crystallas
I'm all for a tank-job, as long as the players on this team can support the move. We wither have to be all in, or all out. We can't sit in limbo. If one of our long-term players, like Luol, Noah, Rose, can't get behind the option of tanking the season for a pick, then forget it. We'll create a bunch of cancerous players.
No need to really put on a tank job on a team level.
Keep it at the Pax/Gar level.
- Sit Rose down for the full year
- Let Deng play in Olympics to postpone his wrist surgery
- Keep our current PG situation
- amnesty Boozer
- Give Butler, Taj, and Noah expanded offensive duties
- Hire every German doctor, Voodoo chile, Shaman, Rabbi, Priest, Pastor, Deacon, and well wisher I could find to pray over that left knee!
We don't have to tank, just miss the playoffs.
I would play it so safe, not play to lose, because that messes up our culture, but I'd try to cultivate our younger talents (Asik needs work too) while resting Rose until he is 100% healthy and then some.