View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Upgrayedd
High School Starter

Default When did you start watching basketball?

I was just thinking with the "10 years ago today" thread about when I really got into the NBA. I was a huge Bulls fan in the '90s. I mean what kid from Chicago wasn't a Bulls fan in the '90s? But that was it. I was a Bulls fan and really nothing else. I mean I was a huge Bulls fan though. I had the Air Jordans, the jerseys, shirts. My entire wardrobe in middle school grade was Bulls clothes. Remember when collecting basketball cards was really popular?

Anyways, I wouldn't say I was a huge NBA fan though. I was mostly following just the Bulls. I stopped watching when Jordan retired in '98. I started watching the 2001/2002 season when Jordan came back. But it wasn't until the 2002 playoffs that I started watching on a regular basis. I wanted to see if the Lakers (mostly for Phil Jackson) could 3 peat. I was really back into it in the 2002/2003 season. The Bulls were still my #1 team. But I started watching and appreciating the entire sport. I wasn't just following the Bulls.

So I guess I was more of a hardcore Bulls/casual NBA fan in the '90s and a hardcore NBA fan around the 2002/2003 season.

When did you start watching?
Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote