View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Upgrayedd
Local High School Star

Upgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryUpgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryUpgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default When did you start watching basketball?

I was just thinking with the "10 years ago today" thread about when I really got into the NBA. I was a huge Bulls fan in the '90s. I mean what kid from Chicago wasn't a Bulls fan in the '90s? But that was it. I was a Bulls fan and really nothing else. I mean I was a huge Bulls fan though. I had the Air Jordans, the jerseys, shirts. My entire wardrobe in middle school grade was Bulls clothes. Remember when collecting basketball cards was really popular?

Anyways, I wouldn't say I was a huge NBA fan though. I was mostly following just the Bulls. I stopped watching when Jordan retired in '98. I started watching the 2001/2002 season when Jordan came back. But it wasn't until the 2002 playoffs that I started watching on a regular basis. I wanted to see if the Lakers (mostly for Phil Jackson) could 3 peat. I was really back into it in the 2002/2003 season. The Bulls were still my #1 team. But I started watching and appreciating the entire sport. I wasn't just following the Bulls.

So I guess I was more of a hardcore Bulls/casual NBA fan in the '90s and a hardcore NBA fan around the 2002/2003 season.

When did you start watching?
Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote