Thread: A new trade
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #33
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: A new trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
The 9mill trade exception allows the Lakers to take back up to 9mill less in salary. So they only need to get somebody with 3 mill back. Outgoing is actually 23 mill. Incoming would be 11 (lowry + millicic) + however much they pay for beasley.

I don't think the Lakers can get him for the mini MLE

I would give him a similar deal that was given to Artest a few seasons ago, 3 years at 6 mill a year with a player option for a year after that. Basically slightly more lucrative than the full MLE that other teams have, minus one year. Only teams under the cap can offer him the MLE though I believe, and I think those teams aren't anywhere near being contenders which is a reason why he would prefer this deal.

how??? the TPE can be traded only in itself...it cannot be combined with anything else

it doesnt mean you can get back 9mil less in salaries

After Luke Walton, Blake, Artest I dont think Mitch is going to give anybody 5 year deals with player option after 3. I think they will 3 year deals to role players...and if they do give them 5 years..I expect them to have team option after 3 and not player option

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 06-02-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote